Named as ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year, these manufacturers, retailers, utilities, builders, and buildings are dedicated to making informed decisions that are good for the environment. Out of the nearly 20,000 partners participating in the ENERGY STAR program, this honor is given to organizations that have made great strides in energy savings and carbon emission reductions.
We’re proud to announce that Eastman Chemical Company was named a 2013 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year thanks to energy performance and dedication to protecting the environment. Not only does Eastman develop and manufacture products like Vista™ window film to help building owners and facilities professionals save energy and money, but Eastman is also dedicated to making sure its own facilities use sustainable solutions to lower emission reductions and increase energy efficiency. When we share tips and advice on green, energy-saving, sustainable solutions with you, we want you to know that we’re making those same efforts in our buildings.
Here are some of the improvements that the ENERGY STAR Program has helped Eastman achieve as part of its own energy management strategy:
- Improvement in energy use intensity by 2.5% in 2012 and 7% since 2008
- Energy savings in 2012 equal to $8 million, or 340 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions
- Seven projects that save more than 483,000 million BTUs and 40,000 tons of greenhouse gas emissions each year
- Identification of more than $7 million in energy-saving opportunities since 2010 by conducting energy audits and assessments
- Corporate-wide best practices that focus on steam leak repair to reduce energy use
- Increasing employee awareness about energy efficiency through company energy fairs, participation in EPA’s Battle of the Buildings, and establishment of a corporate ENERGY STAR Day
Does your organization participate in the ENERGY STAR program? What benefits have you seen as a result?